You’re on a quest for the perfect cup of coffee, and you know that the secret lies in the beans. But with so many options out there, how do you choose?
Fear not, fellow coffee aficionado! We’ve done the hard work for you and rounded up the 9 best coffee beans for pour over brewing.
From smooth and rich to bold and robust, these beans will take your morning ritual to new heights. So grab your favorite mug and get ready to savor every sip.
Table of Contents
- Best Pour Over Coffee Beans
- Our Top Choice – Koffee Kult Dark Roast Whole Bean Coffee
- Decaf – Fabula Coffee Decaf Dark Roast Whole Beans
- On Amazon – Angora Coffee Roasters, Light Roast
- Lavazza Super Crema Whole Bean Coffee Blend
- Stumptown Coffee Roasters, Medium Roast
- Paradise Xpress – Low Acid Coffee Beans
- Real Good Coffee Company – Whole Bean Coffee
- Lavazza Top Class Filtro Whole Bean Coffee
- DEATH WISH COFFEE Whole Bean Coffee Dark Roast
Best Pour Over Coffee Beans
When it comes to the best coffee beans for pour over, you want a brew that’s rich, bold, and full of flavor. Look no further than our top choice – Koffee Kult Dark Roast Whole Bean Coffee. Its deep, smoky notes and smooth finish will make your morning ritual truly exceptional.
If you prefer decaf, Fabula Coffee Decaf Dark Roast Whole Beans are a fantastic option with their robust taste and vibrant aroma.
And if convenience is key, check out Angora Coffee Roasters on Amazon for their light roast that delivers a delicate balance of flavors.
For those who crave a creamy texture and hints of honey and hazelnut, Lavazza Super Crema Whole Bean Coffee Blend is an absolute must-try.
And lastly, Stumptown Coffee Roasters’ medium roast offers a well-rounded cup with citrusy acidity and caramel sweetness.
Elevate your pour over experience with these incredible coffee bean choices!
Our Top Choice – Koffee Kult Dark Roast Whole Bean Coffee
Our top choice for pour over coffee is Koffee Kult’s dark roast whole bean blend (available here). If you’re looking for a rich and flavorful cup of coffee, this is the one for you. The dark roast brings out the bold flavors of the carefully selected beans from Columbia, Guatemala, and Sumatra. With no bitterness and a smooth finish, it’s perfect for those who enjoy a strong brew without sacrificing taste.
Koffee Kult takes pride in their small-batch roasting process, ensuring that each bag is packed with freshness and consistency. Whether you prefer to make espresso, latte, cappuccino, or cold brew, these beans deliver exceptional results every time. And thanks to their online ordering system, getting your hands on this delicious brew has never been easier.
- Rich and flavorful taste
- Smooth finish with no bitterness
- Freshness guaranteed through small-batch roasting process
- Packaging does not have an organic certification label
Decaf – Fabula Coffee Decaf Dark Roast Whole Beans
Fabula Coffee’s decaf dark roast whole beans (available here) are perfect for those who want to enjoy a flavorful cup of coffee without the caffeine. These beans undergo a chemical-free Swiss Water Process Decaffeination, ensuring that you receive a healthy and clean low acid coffee. Specially sourced and roasted for sensitive systems, Fabula Coffee takes pride in offering only organic, non-GMO, and fairly traded beans.
Grown at high altitudes, these beans are packed with the best flavor and aroma. With ongoing roasting for freshness, you can be assured that every cup will be rich and delicious.
- Flavorful cup of decaffeinated coffee
- Suitable for sensitive systems
- Organic and fair trade
- High altitude grown for better taste
- Ongoing roasting ensures freshness
- Expensive compared to other decaf options
- Some customers experienced a bitter or burnt taste
- Not recommended by some due to taste issues
On Amazon – Angora Coffee Roasters, Light Roast
Angora Coffee Roasters’ Light Roast (available here) is highly recommended by customers for its smooth and flavorful taste. This light roast blend offers a delightful balance of acidity and sweetness, making it the perfect choice for those who enjoy a bright and vibrant cup of coffee. With notes of citrus, floral undertones, and a hint of caramel, this coffee is sure to awaken your senses and leave you craving for more.
One of the standout features of Angora Coffee Roasters’ Light Roast is its exceptional quality. The beans are sourced from trusted farmers who adhere to sustainable farming practices, ensuring that you’re not only enjoying a delicious cup of coffee but also supporting ethical and environmentally friendly practices.
Another reason why customers rave about this light roast is its versatility. Whether you prefer to brew it as pour-over or French press, this coffee delivers consistent flavor profiles that are both satisfying and memorable.
- Smooth and flavorful taste
- High-quality beans sourced from sustainable farms
- Versatile brewing options
- Some customers reported issues with bag leaks
- May not suit those who prefer darker roasts
- Price may be higher compared to other brands
Lavazza Super Crema Whole Bean Coffee Blend
If you’re looking for a creamy and mild coffee blend, Lavazza Super Crema Whole Bean Coffee (available here) is a great choice. This blend offers a delightful combination of flavors with its 60% Arabica and 40% Robusta beans. The light/medium roast brings out the best qualities of both beans, resulting in a smooth and balanced taste. With aromatic notes of hazelnut and brown sugar, each cup of Lavazza Super Crema is a treat for your senses.
- Creamy and mild flavor profile
- Aromatic notes of hazelnut and brown sugar add depth to the taste
- Well-balanced blend of Arabica and Robusta beans
- May not be suitable for those who prefer bold or dark roast coffees
Stumptown Coffee Roasters, Medium Roast
When brewing Stumptown Coffee Roasters’ medium roast (available here), you’ll experience a burst of citrus and berry jam flavors with notes of creamy caramel. This coffee is the perfect balance between bright and sweet, providing a delightful taste experience that will awaken your senses.
The beans are sourced through Direct Trade, ensuring high quality and maintaining long-term relationships with producers. Stumptown’s commitment to freshness is evident in their vacuum-sealed packaging, which keeps the beans at their peak flavor.
Whether you prefer to enjoy this coffee as a pour over or use it in an espresso machine, the versatility of Stumptown’s medium roast makes it suitable for various brewing methods.
With its delicious and complex flavor profile, Stumptown Coffee Roasters’ medium roast is sure to satisfy even the most discerning coffee connoisseur.
- Delightful taste experience
- Sourced through Direct Trade for high quality
- Vacuum-sealed packaging for freshness
- Versatile for different brewing methods
- May not be preferred by those who enjoy bold flavors
- Some users may find it too mild in taste compared to darker roasts
Paradise Xpress – Low Acid Coffee Beans
Paradise Xpress (available here) offers a low acid coffee option that provides a smooth and gentle flavor profile. If you’re someone who loves the taste of coffee but struggles with acidity, then this is the perfect solution for you. The team at Paradise Xpress understands that not everyone can tolerate high levels of acidity in their coffee, which is why they have created this exceptional blend.
What sets Paradise Xpress apart from other low acid coffees on the market is its commitment to quality. They source only the finest beans from around the world and carefully roast them to perfection, ensuring that every cup you brew will be bursting with flavor. This attention to detail results in a truly exceptional coffee experience.
The low acid profile of Paradise Xpress makes it ideal for individuals with sensitive stomachs or those who simply prefer a milder cup of joe. You can enjoy all the rich flavors and aromas of coffee without any of the discomfort that often accompanies highly acidic blends.
- Suitable for individuals with sensitive stomachs
- Milder flavor profile without sacrificing taste
- High-quality beans ensure an exceptional brewing experience
- Limited availability in some areas
- May be more expensive compared to regular coffees
- Might not satisfy those who prefer bold and robust flavors
Real Good Coffee Company – Whole Bean Coffee
Now that we’ve explored low acid coffee beans, let’s shift our focus to the Real Good Coffee Company’s whole bean coffee (available here). If you’re a fan of pour over brewing, you’ll want to pay attention because finding the best coffee beans for this method is crucial in achieving a rich and flavorful cup.
Real Good Coffee Company offers a medium roast coffee made from premium quality Arabica beans sourced from Central and South America. With a commitment to responsible sourcing and packaging, these beans are roasted fresh in Seattle, USA. The flavor profile boasts notes of brown sugar, hazelnut, and plum – a delightful combination that promises to elevate your morning ritual.
Now let’s take a closer look at the pros and cons of Real Good Coffee Company’s whole bean coffee:
- Freshly roasted in Seattle for optimal flavor
- Premium quality Arabica beans ensure an exceptional taste
- Versatile compatibility with various brewing methods
- Responsibly sourced and packaged
- Some customers experienced receiving a blend of two roasts instead of a single roast as expected
- Mixture of medium and dark beans may result in burnt flavors if not desired
- Lack of specific directions provided for brewing the coffee
Lavazza Top Class Filtro Whole Bean Coffee
If you’re looking for a new whole bean coffee option, Lavazza Top Class Filtro (available here) might be worth considering. This medium roast coffee is made with 100% natural Arabica beans, providing a balanced taste that is sure to please any coffee lover. The aroma of milk chocolate and roasted hazelnut notes adds an extra layer of indulgence to your morning cup. Blended and roasted in Italy, Lavazza has perfected the art of crafting exceptional coffee.
Lavazza Top Class Filtro stands out for its quality and flavor. Customers rave about its smoothness and lack of bitterness, making it a truly enjoyable experience from start to finish. The fresh beans grind well in a burr grinder, ensuring a consistent grind size for optimal extraction. Plus, the air-tight packaging keeps the beans fresh for days.
- Smooth and flavorful
- Fresh beans that grind well
- Stays fresh for days
- Limited availability
DEATH WISH COFFEE Whole Bean Coffee Dark Roast
You’ll be captivated by the rich and bold flavor of Death Wish Coffee’s Dark Roast Whole Bean blend (available here). This coffee is not for the faint of heart; it packs a serious punch that will wake up your taste buds and invigorate your senses. The deep, smoky aroma fills the room as soon as you open the bag, and with each sip, you’ll experience a robust flavor profile that is both complex and satisfying.
What sets Death Wish Coffee apart from other dark roasts is its high caffeine content. With double the amount of caffeine compared to regular coffee beans, this brew will give you an extra jolt of energy to power through even the toughest mornings. But don’t let that fool you into thinking it sacrifices quality for quantity – every bean is carefully selected and expertly roasted to ensure maximum flavor extraction.
- Rich and bold flavor
- Smoky aroma
- Extra kick of caffeine
- Quality beans
- May be too strong for some individuals
- Not recommended for those sensitive to caffeine
- Higher price point compared to other brands
So there you have it, the 9 best coffee beans for your pour over brewing method. Now you can elevate your coffee experience to a whole new level of deliciousness!
Remember, using high-quality beans is essential for achieving that perfect cup of joe.
And here’s a fascinating statistic for you: Did you know that the average American drinks about three cups of coffee per day? That’s a lot of caffeine-fueled moments!
So why not make each one count with these exceptional coffee beans?
Mike is a fervent aficionado of all things coffee. His journey has taken him from the verdant coffee farms of South America to the vibrant coffeehouses of Europe and many places in between. Over the years, he's delved deep into the intricate tapestry of coffee, savoring, brewing, and analyzing myriad varieties. For Mike, coffee transcends its role as a morning energizer; it's a world waiting to be explored and cherished.